How Solar Power Systems support the fight against Covid 19July 29, 2020
The Importance of Communication Between UPS and IT EquipmentJuly 29, 2020
Nigeria as a country stands to gain considerable benefits from the adoption of telemedicine due to the peculiarities of the country. Healthcare delivery to the majority of Nigerians is grossly inadequate due to a number of reasons eg a small number of physicians when compared to the population, specialized physicians are not widely available, and physicians in rural villages need assistance in the delivery of health care. This makes the requirements of telemedicine for developing countries somewhat more demanding than for developed countries.
So what’s is telemedicine
The WHO (World Health Organization) defined telemedicine as “the delivery of health care services, where distance is a critical factor, by all health care professionals using information and communication technologies for the exchange of valid information for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease and injuries, research and evaluation, and for the continuing education of health care providers, all in the interests of advancing the health of individuals and their communities”
- This is where patient information is locally acquired stored, then consequently forwarded to the physician in a remote location to analyze those data and then send back the diagnosis.
- Remote diagnosis. This can be performed where the patient is assisted by nurses only with no physician in the neighborhood as typically occurs in rural locations.
- Remote monitoring system. The patient is monitored in the remote location, his/her signals are continuously acquired, forwarded to the main hospital.
- Remote intervention system. The patient enters the operating room, the intervention is performed through a local doctor (patient-side) with instructions and guidance from a physician in the main hospital. The remote intervention requires that some local assistance is performed by a physician or by a nurse.
- Remote education (e-learning) system. Students or caregivers (mostly physicians, nurses, and technicians) attend classes taught from remote academic institutions, and possibly by a bi-directional communication interact with the teacher by making questions. Remote education can be locally assisted by a local tutor, during and/or after the classes.
The main aspects of the infrastructure required include ICT technological infrastructure as well as any other generic infrastructure such as power supply, water supply. While the ICT equipment is quite visible and pronounced in the system, the dearth of generic infrastructures can limit the performance of telemedicine the projects refer to the inadequate power supply
Niteo Limited Provides a wide range of Medical UPS to ensure an Uninterruptible power supply for the medical facilities. This would:
- Guarantee uninterruptible power supply for service continuity;
- Protect sensitive equipment from voltage fluctuation such as transients; interruptions, waveform distortions, etc which could damage or corrupt the equipment;
- Eliminate operational failure which could affect service delivery and the reputation of the hospital.
We have realized that maximum benefits can be derived at an affordable cost when the system is properly engineered according to the needs of the client. Therefore we offer three options in order to meet your specific needs.
- Option One: Uninterruptible Power Systems for critical equipment such as lights, servers, security cameras, intercom, etc. These equipment need to be powered 24/7 and thus require a constant power supply.
- Option Two: All the equipment in Option 1 above and Critical Medical Equipment. These may include
- Equipment in the theatre and ICU eg respirators
- Diagnostic Equipment which needs to run continuously for a session, eg full-body scanner
- Option Three All the equipment In Option 2 above and Air conditioners in critical rooms where required.
Our solutions are characterized by durability, competitive pricing, and adaptability to changing environment providing you peace of at critical moments of your operations